The Wind Ensemble is the advanced (varsity) band in the Friendswood High School program. Students will prepare/perform an advanced music curriculum and have a strong commitment to rehearsal and individual practice time. Private lessons are strongly recommended. Membership in this organization is by audition and selection by the directors. Audition materials regularly include All-State/All-Region Etudes, scales, and sight-reading.
The Wind Ensemble meets 4th Period. Membership carries the following responsibilities:
1. Attendance at all rehearsals, sectionals, clinics, and performances.
2. Preparation of All-State/All-Region Band music during Fall Semester.
3. Audition for All-State/All-Region Band and Orchestra.
4. Participate in FISD Solo and Ensemble Contest
5. Performance of prepared music designated to strengthen the proficiency of the student.
6. Performance of concert music assigned by the directors.
7. Maintain academic eligibility.
8. Abide by all Friendswood Band Handbook policies.
WIND ENSEMBLE HISTORICAL EVENTS
2009- TMEA 4A Honor Band
2007 – Awarded the Sudler Flag of Honor by the John Philip Sousa Foundation
2006 – Performed at the Midwest Band & Orchestra Clinic
2005- TMEA 4A Honor Band