The Symphonic Band is the second (non-varsity) band in the Friendswood High School program. Students will prepare/perform an advanced music curriculum and have a strong commitment to rehearsal and individual practice time. Private lessons are strongly recommended. Membership in this organization is by audition and selection by the directors. Audition materials regularly include All-State/All-Region Etudes, scales, and sight-reading. The Symphonic Band meets 2nd Period.
Membership carries the following responsibilities:
1. Attendance at all rehearsals, sectionals, clinics, and performances.
2. Preparation of All-State/All-Region Band music during Fall Semester.
3. Audition for All-State/All-Region Band.
4. Participate in FISD Solo and Ensemble Contest
5. Performance of prepared music designated to strengthen the proficiency of the student.
6. Performance of concert music assigned by the directors.
7. Maintain academic eligibility.
8. Abide by all Friendswood Band Handbook policies.