Concert I and II Bands
The Concert Bands I &II (third and fourth band) are open to all Friendswood Band students. Membership is determined by audition. Concert Bands I & II may be combined for portions of the Fall Semester. During the Spring Semester, the Concert Band will split into two bands. Concert Band II may or may not compete as an ensemble depending on instrumentation, eligibility, and music preparation. Concert Band students will prepare and perform music for concerts and competitions. Concert I meets 3rd Period & Concert II meets 6th Period. Private lessons are strongly recommended. Membership carries the following responsibilities:
1. Attendance at all rehearsals, sectionals, clinics, and performances.
2. Preparation of All-State/All-Region music during Fall Semester. Freshman in Concert I are required to audition for Freshman Region Band.
3. Participation in FISD Solo and Ensemble Contest.
4. Performance of prepared music designed to strengthen the proficiency of the student.
5. Performance of contest music assigned by the directors.
6. Maintain academic eligibility.
7. Abide by all Friendswood Band Handbook policies.